Hey hey, it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish, and I’ve loved making it a regular post on this blog! This week, we’re talking about our favorite villains, which was honestly a little bit difficult for me! I read so much contemporary and romance and contemporary romance that the “villains” aren’t always established people, if that makes any sense. But no matter – I came up with ten and I’m excited to talk about them! Let’s jump right into this fun Halloween list!
Top 10 Favorite Villains
- Cartaxus in This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada
- Kiko’s mom in Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman [review]
- The royal family in Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi (which is out today!) [review]
- Graywytch in Sovereign by April Daniels [review]
- Tom Cruz (lol) in No Good Deed by Goldy Moldavsky [review]
- The Darkling in the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- The Red Queen in Alice: The Wanderland Chronicles by J.M. Sullivan [review]
- The Moriarty family in The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro [review]
- The Devourer in Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova [review]
- Utopia in Dreadnought by April Daniels [review]
The obvious villain that I left out is Lord Voldemort, but I try to keep these lists to books I’ve read recently. Voldy is always going to be a great, complex villain, but everyone knows that. I don’t need to constantly talk about him. 🙂
How/what are your favorite villains?